Sorry for the lack of posts lately. The last few weeks have been pretty exhausting since Sage's fussy period seemed to peak last week. There were a few nights where Brad and I would constantly need to soothe her for for up to 5-6 hours until she passed out due to exhaustion. I'm not going to lie; being a mommy was not fun during those few days. She seems to be doing a lot better (as of the last few days) and is spending more time being social and playing with Mommy and Daddy. Mornings seem to be her favorite time of the day. Sleep during the night is also getting better. We usually get a good 5 hour stretch in the beginning of the night, she wakes up to eat, and goes right back to sleep. Daytime napping on the other hand is a little more challenging. We are lucky if we get her to sleep in her crib for 45 minutes.
Development Update:
Did I mention she is smiling like crazy at us. She also consistently turns to her daddy's voice. Mommy's voice not so much. She is cooing up a storm. Her favorite things to say right now is "ahhhhhhhhh." Last night she decided to strike up a conversation with her lamp because she wasn't quite ready for bed and mommy wasn't playing with her due to the fact that it was bedtime. I found it pretty entertaining (Brad not so much considering he needed his sleep for work the next day). She also tracks faces and objects of interest in multiple directions. While on her tummy she engages in lots of bi-lateral kicking and she lifts her head up (sometimes chest too) and turns it from side to side. I once found her in her pack-n-play laying on her tummy propped up on her forearms (head and chest up) just looking around checking out the room.
You should really post that one picture of Brad with the double chin---wait! Maybe I still have it. I'll check!
ReplyDelete